Saturday 6 December 2008

Christmas - the presents

I've finally sold something, someone asked me to make a sewing machine cover with a matching pin cushion specially for them..... and I've sold some stuff on eBay, so with a budget of £26 ( to buy pressies for three people!), I'm off to the Charity shops next week, to look for some cups and saucers to make these.....
This is an idea from Niki @ Nostalgia At The Stonehouse
http://nostalgiaatthestonehouse.blogspot.com/2007/11/tea-time-treats.html but instead of cotton hankies, I've bought some nice floral paper hankies. (I've already used the cotton hankies somewhere else!)



I've already bought some books from Amazon and chocs from Tesco and I've made another Morsbag for my Mum, the embroidery which I've appliqued on is from a tray cloth and the cream fabric is some old stairs curtains. I'll post pics when the camera is working again.


If you need more inspiration for Christmas on a budget, Martin Lewis's website has lots of "Festive Fivers" ideas http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/festive-fivers


Here's a photo of Kitt Cat wanting to know where her food is....as we had just eaten a home-made vegetable curry (recipie somewhere on blog)



Josie x

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Wow Josie, they are all brilliant ideas! And what great gifts!
your kitty cat is beautiful.

Jo said...

thanks Jennie for the comments and Kitt has settled in great with us, last night she was asleep in a chair with her head leant on the cushion with her paws stretched out ahhhhh, I wish I had a photo
Josie x