Saturday 9 August 2008

ID parade!

9th August 2008

You're probably wondering about the title of this post, well keep reading, I thought I would share this story with you seeing as hubby has texted and e-mailed all his friends.....

Earlier today, there was a knock at the door , it was a fireman, they were in the area checking if people had smoke alarms and fire action plans etc. When I'm in on my own I get a bit nervous and I must have watched too many police programmes about asking for ID before letting strangers in the house, so I asked the fireman for ID, he patted his pockets and said sorry , I don't have any, the next minute he got on his radio and asked the driver of the fire engine could he drive it down to our house as the lady wants proof of ID, so the fire-engine drove past slowly with all the fire men inside waving at me! I don't which was more red, the fire engine or my face!

Josie x

10 comments:

Twiggy said...

ha ha ha that's brilliant ,were they dishy firemen:)
Twiggy x

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

You should have sent them to my house... Oh, the uniforms....
But you are right in asking for I.D, I`m completly the opposite, and let them come in my house without asking for identification.
I think I`m too, trustworthy!
My hubby tells me off for being so!
And he`s right!!!
By the way, THANKS for stopping by!
I have done the post about the cushions... you are more than W.E.L.C.O.M.E. to come by again!

With LOVE, HUGS and KISSES
Debbie Moss

XXX

Louise said...

Lucky you! I'm with Twiggy, did you spot any dishy ones? In all seriousness though, you did the right thing in asking for ID. x

Tim Atkinson said...

No doubt you only asked so you could see if anyone on the engine was any better looking?!

Jo said...

Mr Dotterel...why did I need to look on the engine when I already had four of them in the house!!!

now now Twiggy, Debbie & Louise calm down lol
Josie x

Tim Atkinson said...

A little greedy, weren't we (that's what my wife thinks, anyway! She's only jealous.)

No one is you ...& that's your power said...

I think I would have gone very red too!!!

Ragged Roses said...

That's a great story, hope they all paid you a visit!

cheshire wife said...

Wonderful story. Found your blog from a dotterel comment.

Jennie said...

You did do the right thing, and why have only one fireman at your door when you can have a whole fire engine full there too!!

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.