Thursday 2 October 2008

Etsy Shop..another item finished..and another..and...

Well, its taken me nearly a week and I've finished the second sewing machine cover, its a patchwork design in a primitive, homespun theme and I've made a matching pin-cushion. Generously sized, H = 12" / W = 17" / D = 7", it should fit most sewing machines.
(sold - thank you)The items I make are one off original designs, at I hope affordable prices.



I've also finished an embroidered one, by recycling an old tablecloth...(H = 13"/W = 17"/D = 7")
Can you remember I bought the tablecloth at Elsecar craft fair? It had a few small rips in it so I thought I would make something useful and pretty from it.




These are now for sale in my Etsy shop, thanks for looking, any comments and suggestions are welcome.



Josie x

10 comments:

The Vintage Kitten said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lace hearts said...

I think that looks lovely - you are doing really well with these. x

Jennie said...

ooh that's really lovely Josie!!

Kitty said...

That looks lovely. I still keep my machine in the box in which it came - how dull and boring, eh? x

Jo said...

thanks for your comments, I am really enjoying making these,it makes a change from pegbags!
Josie x

Unknown said...

Hi Jose, it all looks great, you do make such a good job of things - such skilled needlework!
Keep it up!
x Vicky x

Ally Jay said...

I love the sewing machine cover. How much would postage to NZ be?

Jo said...

Hi Alison, I don't know but I will find out and let you know
Josie x

Anonymous said...

Wow! that is a fantastic idea - I am going to have a go at it as I hate my plastic ripped cover that came with it. You are a genius!
I am just learning to sew and am not an expert but I am improving with everything I make. Someday I will turn out beauties like that. Well done!...Pam

Betty said...

Josie, Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've been reading through your posts. Your sewing machine covers are really well done and I like the fabrics you've used. That one made from the tablecloth is especially pretty!